Sunday, June 02, 2013

Flapjack Bread!

This afternoon I experimented with some soda bread, adding oats and golden syrup to a normal soda bread recipe!
This is the result, and I shall call it Flapjack Bread! It has quite a sweet flavour (big shock, I know) but it's very nice.

If you're interested:
250 grams of flour (I use a 50:50 split of white and wholemeal)
2 teaspoons of baking soda
5 grams of salt
150 ml of milk
Some porridge oats (didn't measure them - I'd guess about 50 grams)
2-3 tablespoons of golden syrup

Mix it all together into a very claggy dough, keep mushing it together (or 'kneading' if you want to sound proper, like) for a couple of minutes to make sure it's all properly combined
Give it a dusting of flour and slash the top, then bake at 200 degrees celcius for 20-25 minutes.
Leave to cool for a few minutes...enjoy!

Note for non-UK types pondering about what the hell a flapjack is - this is what I'm referring to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flapjack_(oat_bar)

No comments: